Welcome, or alternatively, chapter 1.

As usual, I have missed writing oh-so-very-much. To be honest, none of my writing really exists on the internet anymore (except for professional articles and some quietly ghostwritten letters...meh), a fact that squeezes my heart a little, but after years and years of blogging at Short Stories from Long Runs, overtaken by frustration and life-transition and the rest, I straight up deleted it. No archiving, no printing: a hard delete. I regret it mightily, but then, here we are.

The two most constant things in my life are the miles I tread and the pages I turn -- and my family, too -- oh them! I've been a voracious reader my entire life, lapping up The Boxcar Children one after another, listening to season after season unfold in Brambley Hedge on my parents' laps, and then of course, favorites from The Secret Garden to The Babysitters Club, The Secret History, To Kill a Mockingbird, Memoirs of a Geisha, and The Poisonwood Bible. Tuesdays with Morrie, tooSome variation of a work-from-home Mom, I enjoy the luxury of working from home, and part-time, which provides me the privilege of tremendous flexibility, with which I hunker down, snuggle up, and consume book after book, the best friends and the greatest adventures I know.

So, as an intro me to me the person, rather than just a deep dive and love letter to the chapters consumed, I'm Jillian. I live in South Jersey, though I still call Boston home, married nearly 10 years to my husband, Nik, and mama to my little-old-man, H, a mama's boy with an entertaining vocabulary and enthusiasm for trucks and dinosaurs mostly. As you've gathered, I have a little bit of a quirky way of writing and no one's ever accused me of being spare with my language -- at my best and in my dreams, a Fitzgerald rather than a Faulkner.


I'm a social media enthusiast living my best life on Instagram @allthebooksalways or @jillsherlok, but wherever you find me, I'll be surrounded by all the books, always.

Comments

Popular Posts